Principles of International Standard ISO/IEC 17025:2017
This course aims to introduce a comprehensive overview and understanding of the management and technical requirements of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 lab standard and to demonstrate the QC/QA programs, documentation, method validation and the internal auditing requirements to increase the knowledge with concepts and steps of applying ISO 17025 accredited methods in food testing labs and to deliver a detailed review of the accreditation process, and how to develop, implement and maintain an effective lab quality management system.
The attendees will also learn how to design and develop lab documents and quality manuals besides acquiring the knowledge needed to establish an internal audit program (scheduling, planning, conducting, reporting on and closing out internal audits).
Topics Included (but not limited to)
– The international dimension of the lab accreditation and mutual recognition of accrediting bodies.
– Interpretation of the standard requirements of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
– Accreditation criteria and their interpretations – Implementation of the management requirements of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017
– Accreditation criteria and their interpretations – Implementation of the technical requirements of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017mentations required by ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
– Description of the internal audit role in the maintenance and improvement of the lab quality management system.
– Introduction to the concepts of method validation – building a validation protocol.
– Accreditation process.
• Coffee break and lunch break
• Training materials, documents