Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons PAHs determination in food and environmental samples
• This course aims to introduce a comprehensive overview on the PAHs determination methods in plant products food (fruits, vegetables), and environmental samples including sample preparation, extraction and clean-up procedures, instrumental determination using GC-MSD instruments with details on their operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
• The training will cover the Quality Control and Quality Assurance Techniques as required by the Accreditation Standard: ISO/IEC 17025:2017 requirements.
Topics Included (but not limited to)
• Introduction to PAHs “Definition, Classification, Sources, Toxicity”.
• EU Legislation of Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in different food staff.
• Fundamentals of chromatographic separation using gas chromatography.
• Methods of extraction and clean-up for food samples
• gel permission chromatography and separation technique in oil and fat based samples
• Analytical quality control and method validation procedures for PAHs analysis in food
• Applying EU guidelines for method validation and IS0 17025/2017 criteria.
• Reference standard room preparation techniques for PAHs “Calculation, preparation, precautions”.
• Gas chromatographic determination of PAHs using GC-MSD “principles, implementation, optimization and validation”.
• Data analysis including interpretation and reporting of data.
• Application of analytical method.
• Quality control during PAHs analysis.
• Gas chromatography GC-MSD
• Gel permission chromatography system
• Transportations from and to the airport
• Coffee break and lunch break
• Training materials, documents
• Samples fees, chemicals and reagents, standard solutions, and related costs of samples analysis.