- This course aims to introduce a comprehensive overview on the Heavy metals determination methods in plant products food (fruits, vegetables), and water samples including sample preparation, digestion procedures, instrumental determination using AAS instruments with details on their operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Introduction to the new and more advanced instruments in Heavy metals determination using ICP-OES and ICP-MS
- The training will cover the Quality Control and Quality Assurance Techniques as required by the Accreditation Standard: ISO/IEC 17025:2005 requirements.
Topics Included (but not limited to):
- Principles of Sampling according to Codex Alimentarius and sampling handling (transportation/storages/preservation).
- Pesticides Standards Solutions Preparations and Confirmation.
- Samples digestion of food and water samples by different techniques.
- Analytical instrumentation, theory, calibration, basic maintenance and troubleshooting of AAS (Graphite).
- Analytical instrumentation, theory, calibration, basic maintenance and troubleshooting of AAS ( Flame and Hydride)
- Data analysis, interpretation of the results and reporting.
- Lab quality management in the elemental analysis
- Analytical method development and validation
- Application of the method validation on fresh/dry food, water and wastewater samples
- Guidelines / Regulation guiding toxic metals in food and drinking water
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy Systems (AAS)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma ICP-OES and ICP-MS
- Sample Digestion systems
- Transportations from and to the airport
- Coffee break and lunch break
- Training materials, documents
• Samples fees, chemicals and reagents, standard solutions, and related costs of samples analysis.